Followers

Saturday 29 July 2017

Light bulbs and pies.



The lappy still won't load photos, so I have taken a couple of very dodgy shots with the web cam. Ignore the blurry face,it may not be early but I was concentrating on not dropping anything.(even though I would quite like to launch the lappy through the window)




The SO,s latest sock, the second has been cast on but only a couple of rows knitted so far.



The cropped waistcoat knitted with the Gower yarn, I love it but still have to get the toggles stitched on.

I like it over the bright orange tee, maybe I need to find some similar coloured fabric for a long sleeved dress, or even better dye some yarn for a jumper.

Today was supposed to be mainly dry and sunny, HAH, the forecast now shows most of the country under a blanket of rain.

We are off to the DIY store in a while, the SO has a list of things to get. By a lucky chance we will be driving past a garden centre so a small diversion might happen.

When I come back I want to have a play and see if I can get a video recorded and loaded on the blog, I made one a few weeks ago but can not remember how. It's an age thing, computers should come with unlimited access to a 12 year old.

Ben has had his first walk of the day, in the dry, and is now curled up on the sofa sound asleep.

I was awake early this morning and did a little knitting (finished that sock) while watching some random podcasts. I saw Phyllis Stokes making Mississippi Mud Pie and then Peanut Butter Pie. I put on 2 lbs just watching.  I will be trying those out next time Francesca is here, and yes of course I subscribed. Just had a light bulb moment, I will try using Almond Butter that way I don't have to worry quite so much about allergies, even better I will look for Pecan Butter, I love Pecans.

The SO says that with the amount of flashing on and off of my light bulb it is a miracle that I haven't blown the fuse. Cheek.

Ooh, would you look at the time, I have to get Rufus walked.

                        TTFN                                           Pam


















14 comments:

  1. Oh the waistcoat is absolutely gorgeous and it does look fab over that t shirt.
    I'm off to town looking for bathroom things this afternoon-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy hunting, I really am going to try to dye some 4 ply wool for a jumper in that shade.

      Delete
  2. I love the waistcoat and the bright colour underneath is fab. I went to Dunhelm today to buy some inexpensive curtains for our study and found exactly what I wanted for £20. No way would I have been able to make them for that price. Unfortunately, some b*****d dinged the driver's door of my car and drove off!! I'm away to steam the curtains and get them hung while my anger is motivating me. Enjoy the rest of your day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunelm is a good hunting ground, I try to get to a branch once a month. My nearest shop is almost next door to Hobbycraft, how good is that.

      Delete
  3. Well done on the sock and vest Pam. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sock knitting has become one of my happy places.

      Delete
  4. The sock looks great! I need one of those....things....what is that called that you have the sock on? I would like to try knitting my first pair one of these days!

    Have fun at the garden center, I mean DIY store! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue things are sock blockers, they are great for showing the socks off on camera. I never block my socks, the SO has them the minute the last end is woven in and they are on his feet.

      Delete
  5. Take it from someone that has made peanut butter pie. It is excellent.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking sock, is it King Cole ZigZag? When I first used KC ZigZag I was terribly disappointed because the yarn zigged but never zagged the other way! I have since found out that each colour way appears to knit up differently.
    Love the cropped top and it'll match almost anything so excellent for making different outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I somehow managed to buy 3 balls in the same colourway. The SO now has a pair of WW 11 socks and these shorties and there is enough for another pair at least.

      Delete
  7. The web cam shots are really good! You get more done than just about anybody I know. You put me to shame! Someone else mentioned peanut butter pie in a post recently. I sure want to try one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only manage so much because I don't need much sleep.The SO does most of the mundane housework, he says it helps him to wind down. I will be making that pie next weekend.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.