Followers

Tuesday 28 July 2015

A Ramble Round My Day

A better start to the day, a little grey cloud but mostly sunshine.
I settled for banana pancakes, this time I added 3 dessert spoons of gram flour and a little baking powder, they were very light and fluffy, 1 banana and 1 egg gave me 4, too much really.


I did not add any syrup and they were lovely, the gram flour gave a light nutty taste almost turning them to banoffee cakes.

After breakfast I managed to get a load of washing done and dried, and soon it will be ironed. 

A couple of years ago I bought myself an Olisso iron from the US, I had seen them used by several quilters, including Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Co.


See the little feet, as soon as you take your hand off they drop down, no need to use the iron rest, they are never big enough, and no scorch marks.

 I knew that I would need a transformer but other things took my mind away from it. Then I buckled down and bought one and then left them both in their boxes, I can be a dim wit at times.
Now they are out and in use and it has made ironing a pleasure. I nearly said Joy but there are limits!


The transformer is not pretty but it is not huge and sits on the floor quite happily, the iron lead is very long so I can tuck the box out of the way.

I have been out in the garden, tied up the sweet peas and pegged down some more strawberry runners. I have 4 varieties and have not bothered to keep them separate, they will be going into troughs soon and then onto stands. I want to keep them away from the slugs, I will net them as well to make sure that the birds do not get at them.
Ben is now letting me know that he would really like to go for a walk.
I bit of a ramble today, and now I am off for another with Ben.
.
                      TTFN                                         Pam

10 comments:

  1. Ironing is never a pleasure.....in fact I just don't do any. Fortunately, neither of us wears anything that actually needs ironing. Even OH's work uniform, which is just polo shirts and sort of stay-prest trousers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried time and time again to cut my ironing down to the bare minimum but my upbringing stops it. My granny taught me to iron, on the inside first and then turn right side out and iron again. I have managed to cut it to right side only but that is it.

      Delete
  2. I hate ironing with a passion, but unfortunately it has to be done. I know a lot of people these days who don't iron, but I'm afraid I can't not as my husband has to have a proper collared shirt and trousers for work (he's an IT manager). It's also difficult to change 40 odd years of routine and I must admit things look nicer when they've been ironed. I only do the essentials, so I just grit my teeth and do a few items a day, then it doesn't take too long.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I iron almost everything, except tea towels as they dry up far better unironed.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen an iron like that one. I do kind of enjoy ironing. Your sewing room is so cute and NEAT, in your last post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drooled over it for months on the computer then bought one and let it lay in the box for so long. I am really happy with my sewing room now, it is easy to lay my hand on everything.

      Delete
  4. I iron only the minimum, but I can see how useful an iron like this would be for a quilter! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fantastic, I have scorched many a cover and melted the plastic on several iron rests. Why do manufacturers insist on putting plastic on ironing boards, oh yes, they are run by men.

      Delete
  5. I've always envied that little pop up iron Jenny Doan uses, no more scorched ironing board covers, such a fab design. I've been having difficulty following blogs if I try to do it through Friends Connect, I was wondering why I wasn't receiving your updates, anyway I did the copy and paste thing instead and it seems to work fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am as happy as Larry with mine, as for blogger it has a mind of its own.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.