Followers

Thursday 23 July 2015

Tidy, Tidy, Tidy, TIRED

Ooh what a day, I have been at it for hours. But the results are great, even though I am only part way to the finish.

I have tipped out all my scrappy boxes, there were several and a couple of bags full.
Now I have these two of small scraps and part made scrappy blocks.

This is what is left after sifting through 4 of these boxes that were full to the brim. Some has gone to be recycled and most has been put in the proper places.

They are destined to be made into a 10" by 74" strip which will bring a quilt top up to the size that I want it. When that is done I am going to try very very hard to get rid of the leftovers.
I know that it seems wasteful but I have hauled them around for what seems like forever. Using and topping up, rinse and repeat until they have become an irritation.

This has different sized squares and some strips in it, they are ready to become a small scrappy something, time will tell.



Also I have this to deal with,



My new fabric storage bags, all in use. I have not made a brown one because A, there is no room for it and B, I do not use much brown.

In the bottom of this unit is a cupboard full of my iron in interfacings, probably enough to last me a few years, there was a sale on at least 18 months ago and I went to town.


This shoe storage thingy sits on top and hold my larger pieces of fabric, boxed by colour and collection, the solids are all together.
The top row holds ready made binding and backing fabrics.


These are the only 2 shelves that I can photo without doing a limbo under the quilting frame, the boxes  hold anything smaller than a fat quarter and bigger than a 5" square, and are segregated by colour. Most of the 5"  charm squares are in another box waiting to be allocated a new home, or to become part of the Cathedral Window experiment.

I 'fess up to the fact that I do have 10 large bins full, and 2 boxes of fabric awaiting my attention. Most of this is made up of 3 or more yard lengths, part bolts of backing fabric, vintage linen and childrens fabrics. There are also several duvet covers, all bought very cheap in the sales. I need to go through them and find out just what I have in them.

I did manage to do a little sewing, just 4 Cathedral Window blocks, these are made with 5" charms but using a wider seam, once they are finished I will share. I think that they will become a cushion.



Once again it has been a mixed bag of weather, although the sun has been out for the past 2 hours and is still shining bright. No sewing tomorrow, fingers crossed, I hope to be in the garden all day.

Dinner tonight will be a veg curry with courgette fritters, I am going to use Gram flour so I ought to say courgette bhaji.

The new edging has been capped and I hope to get the rest of the turf moved tomorrow, I have some plants to go in and some on order. I did look in Lidl when I shopped but there was nothing for me. I also went over the road and looked at Home Bargains, they get their new plants in on Thursday afternoon but nothing there either. Perhaps a trip to the car boot on Sunday will be in order.

That's all from me for today, I am tired after all the lifting and sorting, plus I need to get in the kitchen and start slicing and dicing.

                    TTFN                                                  Pam

19 comments:

  1. A least you are getting organised less time hunting more time sewing the hardest bit is keeping it in order :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the umpteenth time that I have sorted through, the trouble is that after a sewing fest there is another huge stack of fabric to go through and put away. I am on a sewing ban for a while till I reduce the WIP pile and cut my way through some of the stash.

      Delete
  2. Goodness! That is a lot of beautiful fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather buy fabric than chocolate, and I am a big fan of chocolate. I like lots of colour to play with.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you have been so busy! Everything looks very neat now and what a lot of lovely fabric. You have earned a good rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting better, I am still rootling through and cutting and tidying.

      Delete
  4. Well as exhausted as you are it must be satisfying to see how tidy and ordered it all is xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful feeling to see order pushing through the chaos.

      Delete
  5. So neat and organized!
    Sigh, at Bryn Derw, we just seem to move the mess from one tiny space to another. I don't think I'm cut out to be a domestic godess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guilty of doing just that, I do strive to use it rather than move it. I am no domestic goddess and would not want to be. As long as the kitchen and bathroom are clean and I have a space to sit without clutter I am OK.

      Delete
  6. wow, I really need to take tips from you on organising my fabric stash! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My colour coded baskets were the inspiration, the rest was just sweat. At least I got a work out. Oh and I have gained space.

      Delete
  7. I love a good sort out day! I believe it's good for the soul x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very rewarding, I must have sweated off a couple of pounds and gained space, I am still at it today as it is raining.

      Delete
  8. Gosh, I take my hat off to you Pam. One of these days I will find time to have a proper fabric tidy up (I have it in 3 big lidded storage boxes, apart from the stuff on the shelving in the Junk Room) but the last time I did it I ironed every piece, and folded it neatly. It just isn't colour co-ordinated.

    Snap, I'm having curry for supper too but mine will be chicken-orientated.

    Which car boot sale will you go to? If you were planning to go to Carmarthen, it's not on - it's the big Fleamarket instead, on the showground. There's normally a good selection of well priced plants at Singleton (hospital car park, Swansea) on a Saturday morning, if that's any help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, if the weather improves I will go and have a look.My curry was very good and I had a coconut ice cream from Lidl for pudding.......lush.

      Delete
  9. It is one of the perils of being a crafter that we collect and gather things that need to be sorted and organised from time to time! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.