Followers

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Still wet and windy

Another lovely rainy day, I have been sewing and cooking, heaven.

I made a batch of white bread, I also make wholemeal but I have neighbours who prefer white.


I will be needing fresh white breadcrumbs later in the week so made a biggish roll just for that purpose.


Pasta bake for dinner.


I had a tub of soft cheese to use up so I whisked enough milk into it to make a sauce and poured over the top, then grated some Parmesan on for added flavour and some crunch.


Half an hour in the mini oven and dinner was ready.
It was very good and there are leftovers for dinner tomorrow.

I have done lots of sewing, but it is for a swap later in the year, here is a little teaser.


The very last of my Kate Spain Joy and  Flurry, I am going to miss them.


Quite a bit of this.


Even more of this.

I am halfway to finishing number 3 on the list, I will not be able to share until the end of the year. I don't want the recipient to see anything.

I still have the dress pattern and fabric ready, and I have a jacket pattern that I may make.
Much as I have loved every minute of the past 2 days I would like a day in the garden now. Sun, please take notice and pay me a visit tomorrow.

That's all folks, need to get the 'puter on charge.

                 TTFN                                               Pam

.

12 comments:

  1. You get so much done in a day. So much for "retirement" or do you also work outside the home too? Love the pasta bake-never thought to use cream cheese as a pasta topper and will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not work now, I thought about a "little job to keep me busy" but am quite busy enough. My Mum was just the same when she retired, wondering how she ever had the time to go to work. The topping is lovely, so quick and easy, I have used creme fraiche but soft cheese is much better.

      Delete
  2. Love your sewing, but as I said to Dawn, your in Wales, so you have more misty days than sunny ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why it is so green here, the sun is out today so once I have drunk my coffee I will be in the garden.

      Delete
  3. Sun's out with me now Pam, so I hope it's shining on you too. I washed a big throw last night, so will go and hang it on the line and inspect my freshly-planted tomato plants (they have been languishing in big pots far too long).

    The pasta bake looked scrummy. Lactose-free cheese doesn't melt properly . . .

    I really MUST try and get some sewing done, but I've just remembered I've got to wield my paint-brush again, so I'd best get my painting trousers out of the washing basket . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bake was delish, I will have some more tomorrow. The sun has come out today so it is weeding for me.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Is it for your santa sack swap Pam? I've finalised what I'm making for my partner so will start next week after my new machine arrives + I'm waiting for some crafty deliveries too! Your pasta bake looks divine , you always seem so busy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, I have my list and number 3 is well on the way. I will be weeding today but will slip in an hour of sewing later and get it done. I like to keep busy but 'fess up to slouching on the sofa last night watching Rizzoli and Isles and then Dark Matter on telly.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I was in a hurry and posted the same reply twice, note to self, more haste less speed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very busy times! I love the look of the pasta bake and am intrigued by everything else, we will have to wait to see! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.