Followers

Monday 27 July 2015

Monday Almost Finish

The sewing room is not quite finished, I have extended the work and there is one job left to be done tomorrow. This end of the room is however complete.


These white book shelves were in the sitting room and had become overstuffed dumping grounds. All my sewing bits and bobs, buttons, ribbons, zips and so on are now just behind the sewing cabinet. All the feet and tools for each machine are in their own boxes right to hand. My craft books and mags, patterns and the little things that I may need are all an arms length away. On the far left is a pretty hand painted cupboard that I got from Maggie, all her own work. 
The shelves that were here are now in the glory hole and have made that a much better place.

The pretty painted cupboard hides a secret, it opens out to reveal a modern piece of office furniture. On the top are 2 baskets, one has my Christmas scraps and the other has larger pieces and some yardage.



The pile of sewing in the middle are quilt tops waiting to go on the frame, to their right is a fabric bowl full of pincushions. On the right is a collection of small hardware for my sewing. Bells, D rings, Bag clasps. press studs, magnetic bag closures etc. On the left are small screwdrivers, tweezers, a magnet, pens and fabric markers, quilting pins all the odds and sods that I may need.
There are still things to go in here, I will probably shuffle things around until I feel comfortable with the arrangement. 

I even have room for all my cookery and gardening books on the shelves, and my tins of seeds can live here as well.

I made bread today and as the oven was on whipped up another Impossible Quiche. I did not bother with a recipe, just what veg I had to hand, eggs, cheese (half price and less) and some milk with 1/3rd of a tub of soft cheese, to give it some body I whisked in 3 tbp Gram Flour, it was delicious.


Half and half.


Ab Fab.

The washing up is done, kitchen put to rights and I am about to slob in front of the telly for a change.

                          TTFN                                        Pam


17 comments:

  1. I am so envious of the fold out cupboard. I saw one in a magazine which opened out into a craft work area complete with drop down desk but it cost an eye watering £1,000, near enough. If I could find a cheaper version I might treat myself in order to tidy up my craft stuff but I don't think it likely somehow :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cupboard has a drop down desk, although I am using it for crafting I think that it was designed as a home ofice.

      Delete
  2. Sewing room looks good, very organised. Must be something in the air, seems several of us are having a sort out. I made granary rolls today, we had lamb & mint sausages in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been procrastinating about the room for ages, It was just the right time to tackle it and the rest of the house as well.

      Delete
  3. I love the painted cupboard, enjoy your relaxing evening xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did, I surfed the net, watched some silly stuff on the box and read.

      Delete
  4. I have been making the most of the foul weather and sorting things out indoors, your sewing room is looking good keeping things organised means more time sewing and less time hunting for things, I was baking bread today as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just about there now, all the ground work is done and I will just shuffle things around until I am comfortable with them. I think that the table will go eventually.

      Delete
  5. Your sewing room looks fantastic! That cupboard is amazing and holds loads doesn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cavernous, I have stashed so much in it and there is still plenty of space.

      Delete
  6. I now have serious sewing room envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that the more space and stirage you have, the more you get to fill it.

      Delete
  7. Lovely and tidy and all in one place, you have done a great job,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost there Marlene, I have to be done before I go to the Quilt Exhibition, just in case........

      Delete
  8. What a fantastic cupboard. I have craft room envy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and will be forever grateful to Maggie.

      Delete
  9. I could quite happily sit and look at other people's sewing rooms all day, I love your 'secret' cabinet........isn't it so much nicer to create in an organised space.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.