Followers

Sunday 12 July 2015

Slobabout Sunday

Today dawned wet and warm, it had rained heavily in the night so any time in the garden had to be postponed.
A quick vac round once Ben had been walked and fed and the day was mostly mine to play.
When I was working I lived in jeans, bending and lifting in a mostly male environment made it essential. 
Since retiring I have jettisoned my denim and possess only 3 pairs of black joggers for gardening and a bright cerise velour suit for cold days dog walking.
Once I have taken Ben for his last walk of the day I either stay in my skirt or change into PJs.That is okay but I have been looking at another option, loose cotton "slobby slouchy" trousers. Trouble is they are either very cheap and shapeless, stretchy or "how much!!??". I was certain that I could draw a pattern up and I have fabric, boy do I have fabric.


Done, simple elasticated waist and mostly sewn on the overlocker, I didn't even hem them.



I managed to put side pockets in the seams, goodness knows why.


As you can see the seams are made on the overlocker and i put a little ribbon tag in the back.

I tried them on and they fit perfectly, there is another pair almost done and I have pulled fabric for a third pair. That should be enough.

I had a good day out in the garden yesterday and when it came to dinner wanted a quick easy meal. A rustle through the fridge and cupboards gave me,
A pack of 2 Garlic and Coriander Naan Breads, 45p from Lidl.
4 pineapple rings from my fruit salad, from a 40p tin.
A couple of slices of my Maple Syrup roast Ham ?p
A tub of RTC cream cheese with herbs, 15p
A jar of Pesto, a gift.
Some Basil leaves, homegrown.
Tomatoes homegrown.


I spread the cream cheese on the naans and then added a good dollop of pesto and spread it over.
Then sliced the ham and divided between them and topped with the pineapple. Then some Basil leaves and sliced tomatoes.
Into a moderate oven for 20 minutes.



Bingo, dinner is served and very tasty it was. I had some fruit salad for pudding, left over and just added a few black grapes to it.



I will be having that again, or at least a version of it, I was full and the taste was glorious. I may try it with Goats Cheese or Stilton next time.

I want to make a zipped pouch to take to the Festival of Quilts next month, I will be tryin some ideas out as I would like it to have a long shoulder strap, a wrist strap and be able to fix on a belt. Not a big ask, I will be looking at patterns to adapt.

Dinner time now. I am rumbling.

                            TTFN                                             Pam

18 comments:

  1. I am a bit busy at the moment but would like to try and make a patchwork handbag , inspired by your blog xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are loads of patterns and tutorials on YouTube.

      Delete
  2. I keep thinking about some slouchy trousers, I live in jogging bottoms but they are too hot this time of year and shorts mean I am lunch for horse flies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used around 2 1/2 metres of fabric and it took longer to pin the bits together than run them through the overlocker. So easy, I just turned 1/4" then 1 1/2" for the waistband and ran a bit of elastic through. I even just serged round the leg bottoms and left them. It would probably be an easy job to put a zip pocket in them as well.

      Delete
  3. I live in jeggings......I don't do skirts. Come the evening I often change into PJs - it seems to get more humid in the evenings lately, certainly too hot for jeggings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried jeggings, I do not like close fitting clothes, tights are bad enough.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, your dinner looks delicious! Those photos have made my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very tasty and I will be making them again, but on home made bases.

      Delete
  5. You are so clever, I can't wait until I retire and have more time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you will have less time once you retire, there are so many things to do, new things to try out. You will have so much fun.

      Delete
  6. I live in loose cotton trousers in the summer and have a range of them . I do like yours . Can't wait to see your new bag you are going to make xxx take care , it's very cold here with Australia two thirds covered in a cold front from Antarctica . At 7 this morning 4c and only getting up to 13 with a cold wind .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still prefer a skirt but in the evening it cools down so I like my legs covered. I will be trawling for ideas for bags on and off this week.

      Delete
  7. I like changing into pj bottoms when I return home too. Your dinner looked lovely Pam, we've been using left over french stick in a similar way x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to buy French Sticks, it is just too good loaded with butter and cheese. I bought the Naan Breads on a whim, I can make them but it is a faff just for me. I am going to make some large flat rounds next time I make bread and then slice in half horizontally to use.

      Delete
  8. Would you berate me if I omitted the Pineapple! The other ingredients sound perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, I used what I had, there is no telling what will be in the next incarnation.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Hi Pam, I've been lurking for a while and reading through your back posts. I'm really tempted to try quilting after seeing some of the fantastic items you create. However I have a habit of starting projects and not finishing them, so perhaps I'd better start small.

    Love the idea of using naans like that. I've done something similar with tortillas in the past although of course, they're a little bit flimsy if you put too much topping on them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.