Followers

Friday 31 July 2015

Will Power, hm, more like Austin Powers

I am not afraid to say that I gave up and made a small batch of Strawberry Jam, just 4 jars and a taster. I just thought "what the heck, life is too short" and made it.
I was talking to  my next door but 2 neighbour and he wanted to know what I was doing, and when I told him, he made a cheeky comment about scones and cream. As soon as the jam was ready to pot I poured some into a little dish, whipped up some cream and made this tray up. I had the scone mix made and ready to slide into the oven after the jars came out.
He was, for once, speechless. Then off he trotted to indulge, closely followed by Rufus his Puggle ( Pug x Beagle).




I have also fallen by the wayside with my plans for today. Well I reasoned that you may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. The planned work indoors went out the window and I went in the garden.
The Honey Berries are now in the ground, I have moved another plant into the middle bed and topped up with some more soil. There is another pot out there and some wild strawberry runners, I have put a cluster in one corner.
In the back I have weeded all down the side where the raised beds will be going and measured out for them. The patio area is going to be extended and that has been marked out also. 
While Mr Muscle is willing I will take advantage keep him occupied. After all The Devil makes work for idle hands and unused muscle soon turns to flab.


Dinner needed to be substantial so the rest of the Impossible Quiche and a rice salad with a drizzle good glug of balsamic vinegar did the trick.





Tomorrow I am off to see James, Cerys and the children so will be shattered when I get home. I am looking forward to it, I am thinking of looking round the Castle, it just depends on what Junior and Kaitlin want to do.

Now then, I expect you think that I must have grown a little will power, 'fraid not.


Pudding, lovely.

The jam was still just warm and it is soooo good.

Now Ben needs a walk and after all that so do I.

     TTFN                                                                   Pam


25 comments:

  1. I'd love to have seen the look on your neighbour's face, I bet he was flabbergasted. You deserve that pudding after all your hard work. Homemade scones and jam are lovely, either with good butter or with clotted cream, I wouldn't say no to either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a lovely chap, very kind and helpful.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely thing to do for your neighbour, I am a Devon lass and I love scones and jam and cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never met anybody who did not like a cream tea.

      Delete
  3. Pam, I enjoy your writing. You make me smile. Your food looks delicious! Oh, your gardens are looking beautiful...in your last post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gardens ar coming along fine, I am happy that I give you a reason to smile.

      Delete
  4. Pudding or not, you deserved that! My runny strawberry jam tastes wonderful - one of the best I've ever made, despite the runnyness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My jam is on the soft side, that is how I like it. Strawberry jam should feel decadent, it is food fit for the gods.

      Delete
  5. I am a great believer in having a bit of what you fancy .... Including scones , jam and cream . Lush . Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It is right up there with bacon butties and chips at the sea side.

      Delete
  7. Oh, there's nothing quite like homemade scones and jam!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh scones and strawberry jam/cream are just the best thing ever! I haven't made any jam this year yet and we are on our last jar of plum from last year.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made so much jam last year that I really should nbot have made more. Having said that I only have a couple of jars of plum left and 1 of damson, so will be making more of those.

      Delete
  9. I think you probably are the best neighbour in the world! If you can't enjoy your own jam then life is not worth living! The honeyberry plants have the best name! Though I'm not even sure what they are! Will you be able to make jam from them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honeyberries are are a variety of honeysuckle that have edible berries, they look like elongated blue berries and taste similar but with a hint of honey.I will try to make jam, but probably not next year as I am certain that I will be eating them as fast as they ripen.

      Delete
  10. Those scones look delicious. Lucky neighbour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cream teas but they hate my hips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap, but I choose to ignore that fact. To help keep me in a smidgeon of control I wrapped the rest of the scones in cling film and froze them. I will get one out now and then as a treat.

      Delete
  12. The cream tea looks delicious! I don't think I've ever seen clotted cream over here. I think the closest would be the Nestle cream in a tin. Your neighbour is a very lucky man!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.