Followers

Sunday 5 July 2015

Iffits weather today.

That is if it was up there we got it, light showers, heavy rain, wind, sun and a cloudburst.
Our weather is wonderful in its array, what on earth would we talk about if it was 7 months hot, 3 months warm and 2 months wet.

I managed some heavy work in the garden, some more sewing on the cat blocks and some easy cooking for dinner.
Impossible Quiche from Frugal in Norfolk, although the recipe was on the Down to Earth blog. I have just put it in the oven and it is a real fridge bottom meal. Green and yellow peppers, mushroom stalks, garlic, a softish onion, a small red chilli ( a bit wrinkly, but so am I) a handful of crumbly cheese, a mix of fresh cream and creme fraiche ( waste not want not). I have washed some new potatoes, rocket, to have with it and will slice a big tomato as well.

No photos today, I am just too hot to take any, I will try better tomorrow. 
While I had a coffee  break and late breakfast this morning I watched gardeners world. I managed to grow those blue Himalayan Poppies years ago and will try some next year. I am working on a shady area and by the time the plants are ready to go in the ground should be ready for them. I have some straggly hawthorn to cut back, some ivy to remove and a few thin spindly saplings to root out first. They like to be in moist air so a small pond is a definite possibility.

Now I am off to sniff the air in the kitchen, I could eat a scabby horse between 2 bakers carts. A saying from my childhood.

                   TTFN                                                        Pam

11 comments:

  1. Isn't there always a lot to do! I am dying to try making a quiche. I've never made one. I can't stop thinking about how delicious that one looked in your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! That wasn't your quiche I'm thinking about. That was another blog. :) I get things mixed up a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the best ever parcel in the post xx
    Saw a biscuit quilt today and thought I might have a bash int Summer Hols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you got me. What is a biscuit quilt? Glad that you like your quilt.

      Delete
    2. I've emailed you a photo of the biscuit quilt. I don't like my quilt Pam......I love it!!!

      Delete
  4. I love that type of quiche. That's what I am planning on making for supper on Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, the prep time is supposed to be 5 minutes but it took me at least 15, mainly because I had to grate the cheese, none left in the freezer. There is now.

      Delete
  5. The expression I know (from So'ton) is a scabby horse between two mattresses!

    The quiche sounded tasty and frugal. I only make them when the girls are home as OH doesn't "do" quiche (or 99% of all other food come to that!)

    I am nearly on top of the house (but not the garden). I wonder if you and Dawn would love to come over this week. Do you have a free day around Thursday or Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quiche was very good, mind you I did stuff quite a lot into it. Friday would be brilliant for me, I have a full on Tues _Thurs and will be in need of some R & R by then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friday is good for Dawn too. I was hoping the PHMusk would still be at its best but all this rain is pushing it over early. I will email Dawn with the instructions on how to find me and my phone number (rather than leaving it for all to see here). Shall we say 10 ish?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.