Followers

Thursday 16 July 2015

Digging for victory

Perhaps not victory but at least a draw. I have been on nightly slug patrol, I can not touch them, not even with gloves on, so I carry a pair of scissors and cut them in half. The next morning I have a few birds scuttling round at first light enjoying breakfast.
I have a multitude of planted containers waiting to be sited and potted plants waiting to be planted out. I am changing the front garden and the first section will be done tomorrow, weather permitting.
At the moment the back garden is a dumping ground but order should reign by the weekend.

I have a few photos to share, no sewing to share as it is all for my Santa Sack Swap. There is however a WIP mountain assembled on the side and I plan on finishing 2 of those before I make a start on the 4th item for my swap.






2 of the cherry tom varieties, the top ones are not bad but not good enough for another year.



2 of the apple trees, lots of pots around here, all doing well.



A small forest of sweetcorn



There are 2 pots like this, the lavender is a dwarf variety and the Petunias are a very dark purple, almost black. The pink Dianthus really sets them off.




There are 4 Penstemons, some Fuschias and more Lavender (Hidcote) ready for the front garden. Most of the plants going in are scented, the Lavender will provide enough perfume in the first section. I have scented roses on order for the rest of the garden and I have some hardy Gardenias ready to go in and a stack of bulbs for scent and colour in spring coming.


My 2 Hostas are looking good, I aim to find some different ones soon.


More plants lined up ready for planting out. I look forward to being able to walk along the path without having to shimmy through a slalom of plants.
That is all from me, I need an early night, lots to do tomorrow.

             TTFN                                                       Pam



9 comments:

  1. The plants look beautiful and healthy . Some lovely meals from your garden to look forward too . The lavenders look lovely , I have planted quite a few recently . Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to make sure that most of my flowering plants are scented. I included the Penstemons and Fuschias as my Mum loved them.

      Delete
  2. Your garden will be stunning with all those planted. I shall have to drop a subtle hint about coming to Visit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to come when ever you fancy, I warn you that the sewing room as as cluttered as the back garden at the moment. I have dragged a teetering pile of WIPs that must be sorted out of storage.

      Delete
  3. We are slug free for the moment, we have a family of hedgehogs who visit most evenings, they are keeping the slugs at bay. Your tomatoes are ripening quicker than ours, but we do have loads of promise. Your pots are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like pois but this year have far too many, the garden will be better organised for next year. I will have raised beds in by then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks as though it is doing well and the slug patrol is obviously serving the hostas well as I didn't see any holes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I only have a slug and snail problem in the front garden, there are several birds that visit the back so perhaps they do the removal work for me.

      Delete
  6. Once the lavender firms a thick hedge it'll be stunning x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.